- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- ADD-ON & ROLL-UP TRANSACTIONS
- FAMILY BUSINESSES
- HIGH NET WORTH INVESTORS
- INDUSTRY FOCUSES
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Buying or selling a company requires a thorough assessment and proper structuring for success. Let Shepherd Law guide you to the ideal agreement.
Headed by managing partner, Thomas M. Shepherd, the mergers and acquisitions attorneys at Shepherd Law represent private, closely held and family businesses. We assist with virtually all types of acquisitions, mergers and related transactions. Mr. Shepherd has over fifteen years combined accounting and legal experience, and he uses this unique blend of talents to holistically and creatively represent individuals and companies to buy and sell businesses.
Our mergers and acquisitions practice covers a wide range of corporate transactions including private transactions to acquire assets or stock, acquisitions and divestitures of divisions and subsidiaries, computer software and other technology transfers, and joint ventures, strategic alliance and partnerships transactions.
The Atlanta mergers and acquisitions attorneys at Shepherd Law are prepared to handle all aspects of the planning, negotiation, documentation, and financing of transactions including:
- Structuring business combinations to maximize economic benefits
- Negotiating and drafting asset and stock purchase and sale agreements and merger agreements
- Assisting with the due diligence investigation of a business being sold or acquired
- Securing applicable federal, state and local regulatory approvals, licenses, and permits
- Preparation and filing of required state and federal securities filings
- Negotiating and drafting documents for the financing of a transaction, including institutional loan agreements, mezzanine financing, and sales of debt or equity securities
- Providing advice regarding corporate gove